The CLC consists of other congregations, pastors and lay people who have separated from every other Lutheran synod in the nation as the cancer of error and disobedience to the Word of God continues to permeate Lutheranism. Also see detalis on how WELS and the CLC differ or how LC-MS and the CLC differ.
"If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" John 8:31-32.
- In an age of anxiety... we still believe that peace comes from Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.
- In an age of confusion... we still believe that the Bible is the Word of God, inerrant and infallible.
- In an age of doubt... we still believe that Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
- In an age of guilt... we still believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross to remove the power of sin, death, and Satan from our lives.
- In an age of fear... we still believe that Christ rose bodily from the dead to win for us eternal life.
- In an age of self-centeredness... we still believe that God acts through the Sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion.
- In an age of constant change... we still believe in the unchanging Holy Trinity - the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
From its beginning our congregation has been determined to teach only what is "of God," that is, teachings that are recorded in the BIBLE, which is GOD'S WORD. We call ourselves Lutheran because we hold to the historic Lutheran teachings. The BIBLE is the only source for these teachings.
The following topics are exmples of what the Bible teaches, in contrast to the errors that are taught by many groups, including other "Lutherans".
- "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 3:23.
- "The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" Romans 6:23.
- "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" John 14:6.
- "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life" John 3:16.
- Bible Teaching... Jesus is the only way to heaven. Those who die without faith in Him are eternally lost in hell.
- False Teaching... Sincere followers of non-Christian religions may get to heaven, even without believing in Jesus.
- "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work" 1 Timothy 3:16.
- "When you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God" 1 Thessalonians 2:13.
- "Holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit" 2 Peter 1:21.
- Bible Teaching... The Bible is the inspired Word of God in its entirety, without error or contradiction.
- False Teaching... The Bible is a book written by fallible men and therefore subject to error.
- "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" Genesis 1:1.
- "For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day" Exodus 20:11.
- "For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible" Colossians 1:16.
- Bible Teaching... The one almighty and Triune God created the world and everything in it, including man, in six ordinary days.
- False Teaching... All things have come into being by a process of evolution. Man has evolved from lower forms of life.
- "That which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ" 1 John 1:3.
- "Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment" 1 Corinthians 1:10.
- "Can two walk together unless they are agreed?" Amos 3:3.
- "And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men" Matthew 15:9.
- "Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you have learned, and avoid them" Romans 16:17.
- Bible Teaching... Every teaching in the Bible is important. Therefore Christians should pray and worship only with those church groups and individuals who follow the Bible teaching and avoid all false teaching.
- False Teaching... Some teachings in the Bible are either unclear or unimportant. Therefore Christians may pray or worship with groups or individuals who support teaching that is contrary to the Bible.
We believe that Christians ought to be concerned about upholding the truth and rejecting all false teachings. Our Lord Jesus promises: "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed, and you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free."